Re: feedback for NEW packages: switch to using the BTS?

On Thu, 2022-04-28 at 13:48 +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:

> This looks like a good idea to me, but I think that the big problem
> which needs to be solved is not discussing REJECTs but the packages
> which stay in NEW for many months with no feedback.

Thanks. The idea is narrowly aimed at improving the transparency and
communication issues with NEW. It would probably mean packages packages
stay in NEW for longer, rather than getting a REJECT, then reuploaded,
more issues found, another REJECT etc (not sure if that happens tho).

As I understand it, there is currently no specified criteria for
prioritisation of processing of NEW packages, but requesting a review
on #debian-ftp for particular reasons (RC bug fixes, new binaries,
waiting time etc) often means that someone will review it much sooner.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise