Advice for package needing stuff installed in /srv (node-shiny-server)

Hi All,

I recently completed the packaging of node-shiny-server, uploaded to NEW and
it is there in the archive now (exp suite)

The default/expected behaviour just after package install is that as soon
as the user starts it and visits (talking about local setup here) localhost:<port-it-binds-to> they should be
seeing a welcome page.

But, the welcome page config (https://github.com/rstudio/shiny-server/tree/master/samples)
need to be stored in /srv/shiny-server for this welcome display to happen.
Now, I think we as a distribution are not supposed to install anything to /srv as they are reserved
explicitly for sys admins. I get a big fat lintian error if I even attempt to do that.

Without installing the welcome template to /srv/shiny-server, the user would get a kind
of warning message when they visit localhost and that might scare them away.
And hence, I need help/opinions to decide what should be done here.

(Note that I do not want to patch code to change the default behaviour here.)

Any ideas?

Regards,
Nilesh