Re: Advice for package needing stuff installed in /srv (node-shiny-server)

On Wed, 2022-04-27 at 21:40 +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:

> The default/expected behaviour just after package install is that as
> soon as the user starts it and visits (talking about local setup here)
> localhost:<port-it-binds-to> they should be seeing a welcome page.

Since the package manager cannot know at what HTTP domain and path the
sysadmin desires a web app to be accessible from, personally I would
suggest to ask the sysadmin for the relevant parameters via debconf and
then run the vhost setup script for the web app using those parameters.

The files you mention would be stored in /usr and the generated web
server and app be configured to use them from there.

I think the wwwconfig-common package was meant to facilitate that sort
of approach, but it only supports PostgreSQL/MySQL, PHP and Apache.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise