Re: Advice for package needing stuff installed in /srv (node-shiny-server)

On 2022-04-27 21:40 +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> But, the welcome page config (https://github.com/rstudio/shiny-server/tree/master/samples)
> need to be stored in /srv/shiny-server for this welcome display to happen.
>
> (Note that I do not want to patch code to change the default behaviour here.)

Why not? This is what distro packages do - make sure things are installed in sensible places.

And patching a path is nice and simple (although you might also have to patch some docs to match).

I'm not sure what the right path is. The default webserver path in debian
has been /var/www/html/ for decades so I'd use that, but you might
have reasons to make it /var/www/shiny-server instead if you want
shiny-server to be co-installable with other web-servers, and serve different stuff?

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Debian, Wookware, ARM
http://wookware.org/