Re: RFC: pam: dropping support for NIS/NIS+?

Hi,

I'm using NIS since 20+ years in a small network with about 60 computers.
Since I manage all computers and the physical network can be seen as secure
(I know it's not perfect secure) I do not need the additional crypto
features of NIS+ or LDAP, which would be overkill. All my users use
yppasswd on the NIS master for changing their password. I guess I
still need pam support for this because I set things like this in
pam.d/common-password:

password        requisite                       pam_cracklib.so retry=3 difok=3 minlen=14

Yes, I surely would miss the NIS support.

--
regards Thomas