Re: Keep both images but stop pretending no-free is unofficial

On Wed, 2022-04-20 at 12:55 +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
> liberated.computer it is refurbished and some components like wifi
> cards replaced so it works with 100% free software.

No, it doesn't. It just *hides* the fact that you use non-free
software. If you are happy with that, fine, but please don't claim it
uses 100% free software.

And everything from keyboard, mice, storage (SD cards, SSD, rotating
disks, controllers), ... has firmware. I don't expect them to have done
much about that. Of course some devices come with preinstalled
firmware, so it's easy to ignore the firmware exists. However, that
does not "free" you from the restrictions of proprietary software that
comes from using non-free firmware in any way compared to having the OS
supply the firmware data.

Ansgar