Re: Seeking feedback on a meta package builder

On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 6:26 AM Helmut Grohne wrote:

> When someone writes a tool, that happens to build packages as part of
> its job (the earlier list), typically one of the build tools (the second
> list) is chosen and fixed. It's not like you can mix and match them.
> Here are a number of lock-ins I happen to know:

A couple more:

debuild -> dpkg-buildpackage
(pdebuild works around that coupling)

apt source -b -> dpkg-buildpackage

> Some aspects that you may want to set for a build are:

Looking at my pbuilder configs, some more:

Where to place the build results.

Which dependency resolver to use when installing deps.

Whether suite/backports to build under.

Which packages not yet in Debian to make available to the build process.

Extra environment variables to set.

Set the parallelism level.

What to run in the build environment at each stage.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise