Re: WNPP/ITP/... for Amazon SDK for C++ ?

On 2021-12-26 18:08 -0600, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

> Does anybody know where we are with respect to the WNPPs / ITPs / ... on the
> Amazon SDK for C++?
>
> I have a package that could take advantage of this if it were packaged, and I
> am sure a number of other packages are in a similar situation given how
> pervasive AWS use is.

I don't know anything about the state of this, but am in the same
place, in that I am packaging something that uses awsSDK pieces,
specifically tensorflow which wants aws-cpp-sdk-core.

> FWIW I have packaged _subsets_ of the C++ SDK informally for my own use (also
> at Launchpad) but I don't think I have the time and energy to take this on as
> another package.

Which bits have you done? They may or may not be sufficient to satisfy tensorflow.

I too, am not bursting to add large packages that I don't use (or even
properly know what they are) to my collection of responsibilities, but
I can spend work time on helping get this going so I don't mind
mucking in on some packaging work.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/