Re: releasing major library change to unstable without coordination

Hi,

Le 23/12/2021 à 14:51, Stéphane Blondon a écrit :
> Le jeu. 23 déc. 2021 à 01:25, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> a écrit :
>
>>> rebuild 500 packages takes hardware resources not
>> every dd is expected to have at hand (or pay for, like a cloud
>> account), so until there's a ratt-as-as-service
>> (https://github.com/Debian/ratt) kinda solution available to every DD
>

> If providing an easy way to rebuild the reverse depencies by DD could solve
> the problem, what blocks us to do it? We could spawn container including
> ratt ; the DD uploads the new package ;  rdepends are built ; compilation
> report is sent to DD ; container is deleted.

Isn't ci.debian.net doing automated builds with experimental version of
dependencies ?

For my package, I'm seeing builds with dependencies from experimental
suite, the latest being openssl 3.0.0-1 [1].

This would mean that just uploading to experimental and let ci.debian.net
do all builds of reverse dependencies would be sufficient, but I'm not
sure whether the FTBFS reports are made automatically.

[1] https://ci.debian.net/packages/s/streamlink/unstable/amd64/

--
Alexis Murzeau
PGP: B7E6 0EBB 9293 7B06 BDBC  2787 E7BD 1904 F480 937F                |