Re: ungoogled-chromium?

On Tue, 2021-12-07 at 23:35 +0000, Simon McVittie wrote:
> Flathub generally requires builds to be done on Flathub's
> infrastructure, from source code if possible, in the same way Debian
> generally requires builds to be done on buildds, from source if
> possible.
Are you sure about that? Is there a policy?

> At least one package on Flathub is built on third-party
> infrastructure
> and directly contributed as binaries even though it is open-source.
> The only example I'm aware of is Firefox, which is built by
> Mozilla's CI and provided to Flathub as binaries.
The Flatpak package for the Signal desktop app is literally built by
downloading and unpacking the binary deb from the vendor.
https://github.com/flathub/org.signal.Signal/blob/master/org.signal.Signal.json

Signal itself is open source, but the build process is a complex NPM
rabbit hole.

Regards