Re: ungoogled-chromium?

 ❦  7 December 2021 21:46 +01, Mathias Behrle:

>> (I have been running an ungoogled-chromium for a while (ca. a year
>> ago?), however at that time their chrome wasn't extremely stable so I
>> gave up again. Does anybody have experience using it recently?)
>
> (Using chromium only as fallback browser if necessary):
>
> Since the removal of chromium from Debian was announced I gave UngoogledChromium
> on flatpak a try and it runs very stable so far.

Same here. And they are now following security updates closely (in the
past, there could lag two or three weeks behind). Flatpak compiles it
from source (while UngoogledChromium let contributors compile it and
publish the binary because GitHub CI does not allow such resource-heavy
build).
--
After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations.
		-- H. L. Mencken, on Shakespeare