Re: uscan roadmap

Hi

Le jeu. 2 déc. 2021 à 11:36, Yadd <yadd@debian.org> a écrit :

Another idea to have a compromise:
  * uscan is released with versioned schemes (GitHub.json, sf.json,...)
  * when launched, it tries to download new version from a new Debian API
    (static json files)
    * if no response or no new version, uscan uses its own scheme or a
      previously downloaded update (verifying signature)
    * if a new version is available from new redirector:
      * it verifies GPG signature of new scheme
        * if not OK, it warns and uses cached scheme
        * if OK, it stores it with signature in ~/.cache/uscan/schemes

What I don't like is that it will need time to check new profiles on a central site, which looks like an invitation for DoS situations.

I propose a variation of this: an explicit
"uscan --update" will update the profiles, and all other calls will use the known profiles.

Cheers,

J. Puydt