Re: Consequences of the NEW queue's length [Was: Remove packages from NEW queue?]

On Thu, 2021-11-18 at 19:28 +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 02:52:56PM +0100, Stephan Lachnit wrote:
> > I don't know if that has been proposed before, but how about waiving
> > the NEW queue requirement for experimental packages as a start?
> > [...] Since packages in experimental will never land in any
> > official release, I think dropping the NEW queue requirement has no
> > negative impact.
> This makes no sense as NEW is mostly about checking licenses.

Completely naive question that has probably already answered a million
times, but: why then not limit to new source packages? Bumping an ABI
or adding a new tool is as likely to imply a license change as any
other version upgrade that doesn't result in new binary packages from
the same sources.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi