Re: Epoch bump for golang-github-valyala-fasthttp

On 12/11/2021 16:26, Guillem Jover wrote:
On Fri, 2021-11-12 at 10:55:26 +0530, Pirate Praveen wrote:
On 12 November 2021 12:38:23 am IST, Guillem Jover <gjover@sipwise.com> wrote:
The golang-github-valyala-fasthttp package used to have date-based
release numbers (current Debian version 20160617-2). Upstream has
since switched to semver (latest upstream version 1.31.0).

So the version scheme has been reset, and unfortunately given that no
prefix was used when initially packaging this, an epoch seems to be in
order now.

I'm planning on updating in the coming days to the latest upstream
release and bump the version using an epoch.

How about golang-github-valyala-fasthttp-v1 ?
Though it won't match import path, it can avoid the epoch.

While interesting, I think this might be worse. I'm not a fan of
epochs, but this is precisely the case they were intended for.

Indeed, I think an epoch bump here is sensible.

Cheers,
Emilio