Re: Crypto Libs: Linking to OpenSSL, GnuTLS, NSS, ..?

Stephan Verbücheln <verbuecheln@posteo.de> writes:

> Then I also think that OpenSSL 0.9.x/1.x and the new OpenSSL 3.x have to
> be treated like two completely different libraries. They have different
> licenses and intentionally broke APIs to end the mess that OpenSSL
> was. It is a situation like Python 2 and 3, we will have both around for
> a long time, because upstream code has to be ported to new APIs.

I don't think the changes in OpenSSL 3.x are anywhere near as significant
as the changes between Python 2 and Python 3.  They seem largely in line
with the kinds of changes that are always required when there's a new
major OpenSSL release (and are far, far less significant than, say, the
differences between the OpenSSL and GnuTLS APIs).