Re: merged-/usr transition: debconf or not?

On Nov 08, Simon Richter <sjr@debian.org> wrote:

> Right now, it is sufficient to preseed debconf to disallow the usrmerge
> package messing with the filesystem tree outside dpkg. Managed installations
> usually have a ready-made method to do so.
This is not really relevant, since the conversion is mandatory.
The CTTE stated that the only exception is "Testing and QA systems
should be able to avoid this transition, but if they do, they cannot be
upgraded beyond Debian 12", and my plan is to arrange for this with
a flag file.

--
ciao,
Marco