Re: Q. What is the best practice about +dfsg and +ds extension?

Kentaro Hayashi <kenhys@xdump.org> writes:

> What do you think about it?

> 1. We should use +dfsg-1 style
> 2. We should use +dfsgN-1 style
> 3. We should use +dfsg.N-1 style
> 4. Other

I would start with +dfsg-1 because it's fairly rare to have to iterate on
the repackaging.  You can then switch to +dfsgN-1 with the second and
subsequent repackagings if needed.  (Although if I knew in advance I would
probably need to iterate, I'd start with +dfsgN-1.)

There's an argument for consistency to always use +dfsgN-1, I guess, but I
don't think it matters enough to bother.

I would not use +dfsg.N-1.  It's not consistent with the other places
where we add suffixes, such as backporting and stable updates.