Re: Require packages to build without any configured DNS

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 10:05:01AM +0200, Johannes Schauer Marin Rodrigues wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Quoting Mattia Rizzolo (2021-09-06 16:39:39)
> > As the pbuilder maintainer, I've been asked to make it serve a non-working
> > /etc/resolv.conf just to make that bug above moot, so I'm quite biased on the
> > matter myself :)
>
> sbuild already disables network access for all chroot backends that support it.

As several people already stated, this is *not* about network access.

> Schroot, the default chroot backend, currently doesn't allow this. See #802849.

Likewise pbuilder, yes.

> The only chroot backend that allows disabling the network is the unshare
> backend. It does so, by unsharing the network namespace, only bringing up the
> loopback interface and writing an empty /etc/resolv.conf.

So you ship an *empty* /etc/resolv.conf?  Then I suppose you also can't
build packages using dnspython in their tests with your configuration?

--
regards,
                        Mattia Rizzolo

More about me:  https://mapreri.org                             : :'  :