Re: Require packages to build without any configured DNS

Hi,

Quoting Mattia Rizzolo (2021-09-06 16:39:39)
> As the pbuilder maintainer, I've been asked to make it serve a non-working
> /etc/resolv.conf just to make that bug above moot, so I'm quite biased on the
> matter myself :)

sbuild already disables network access for all chroot backends that support it.

Schroot, the default chroot backend, currently doesn't allow this. See #802849.

The only chroot backend that allows disabling the network is the unshare
backend. It does so, by unsharing the network namespace, only bringing up the
loopback interface and writing an empty /etc/resolv.conf.

Thanks!

cheers, josch