Re: Code

On 8/11/21 7:34 AM, Horler, Johannes wrote:

Dear Debian Team,

hopefully I am writing this to the right email address. (In case I am not, I would be happy about being refered.) Recently I got interested in operating systems. Now I want to try to experiment with modifying one.

Is the complete source code of any Debian Version available somewhere in full (meaning everything ultimately written - in translated form - to the bootable device)? Maybe I am a bit slow to understand but I have failed to find something like it. Therefore I have decided to just ask you.

Yes, all of the source code for Debian is available, though it's divided into thousands of different packages by different authors. You can find links to the source code from packages.debian.org - just search a package name and you should be able to find the source from there.

Which component(s) are you looking for specifically? The bootloader? The kernel? systemd? glibc? The core userspace utilities?

Kyle