Re: Code

Le 11/08/2021 à 13:34, Horler, Johannes a écrit :
> Dear Debian Team,
>

> hopefully I am writing this to the right email address. (In case I am
> not, I would be happy about being refered.) Recently I got interested in
> operating systems. Now I want to try to experiment with modifying one.
>
> Is the complete source code of any Debian Version available somewhere in
> full (meaning everything ultimately written - in translated form - to
> the bootable device)? Maybe I am a bit slow to understand but I have
> failed to find something like it. Therefore I have decided to just ask you.
>

> Sincerely
> Johannes Horler

Hi,

sure, each package is published with its source code. Example:

  * install a package: apt install foo
  * get its source   : apt source foo

You just have to modify your source lists (see /etc/apt/source*): each

  deb http://... main ...

must have its

  deb-src http://... main ...

Second: a lot of package have also their public source repo. See
https://tracker.debian.org and follow "VCS" links to access to
git/svn/... repo.

Cheers,
Yadd