Re: merged /usr considered harmful (was Re: Bits from the Technical Committee)

Sorry to single you out here, Marc -- This goes to many people. This
goes, in fact, to the discussion itself.

Marc Haber dijo [Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 07:12:24AM +0200]:
> In an ideal world, would the package manager not be a service utility
> to SUPPORT policy and adapt to changing environment contitions instead
> being a showstopper for innovation?
>
> Who is the dpkg maintainer to challenge the decisions of the entire
> project? I fully understand that there is only ONE dpkg maintainer,
> but a utility THIS central to the entire ecosystem not being team
> maintained is a HUGE part of the problem.
>
> And no, I cannot help and no, you wouldn't want me to write a single
> line of code in a package THIS central.
> (...)

While I agree with what you write here (will answer on a separate
mail), I'll ask you -and everybody- to please moderate the tone. It is
frustrating to speak in different wavelengths and not be able to hear
one another, but we are not going to get anywhere if we just SHOUT
LOUDER using our same wavelength. We must find some alternate
frequencies to get to a constructive situation.