Re: merged /usr considered harmful (was Re: Bits from the Technical Committee)

On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 04:50:49PM +0000, Stephan Verbücheln wrote:
> Thank you for the explanation. I think it covers most use cases.
> However, it does not cover packages that do not actually install
> programs but only perform changes to /etc or install something to /opt,
> is that correct?
While, AFAIK, it's indeed only Debian Policy stopping you from not
shipping /usr/share/doc/*/copyright, and that and common sense stopping
you from not shipping /usr/share/doc/*/changelog, that's just yet another
case of something broken that we probably are not required to support.

--
WBR, wRAR