Re: Gitlab support for Debian repositories (Was: Regarding the new "Debian User Repository")

Le sam. 3 juil. 2021 à 12:11, Simon McVittie <smcv@debian.org> a écrit :

> On Fri, 02 Jul 2021 at 20:04:45 +0200, Mathieu Parent wrote:
> > On a related topic, I'm currently developing support for Debian
> > repositories in Gitlab (and transitively Salsa).
>
> That's great news - being able to build packages in CI and make the results
> easily installable seems like a big step forward, particularly for
> fast-moving non-core packages.
>
> Given the other discussion in this thread, perhaps it should be labelled
> "apt repositories" or ".deb repositories" or something else more
> distro-neutral, to avoid implying Debian approval or official status,
> while also making it obvious that if you want to build and publish
> packages for Ubuntu or Linux Mint or some other Debian derivative,
> this is also the right feature for those?

I'm not sure. "Debian repository" is the official term for the format,
as documented
in the wiki [1]. And here, Debian is not in the product name.

[1]; https://wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/Format

As the doc is now live [2],any ambiguous usage of the Debian term can be
fixed, but I don't see any.

[2]: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/packages/debian_repository/

--
Mathieu Parent