Re: Gitlab support for Debian repositories (Was: Regarding the new "Debian User Repository")

On Fri, 02 Jul 2021 at 20:04:45 +0200, Mathieu Parent wrote:
> On a related topic, I'm currently developing support for Debian
> repositories in Gitlab (and transitively Salsa).

That's great news - being able to build packages in CI and make the results
easily installable seems like a big step forward, particularly for
fast-moving non-core packages.

Given the other discussion in this thread, perhaps it should be labelled
"apt repositories" or ".deb repositories" or something else more
distro-neutral, to avoid implying Debian approval or official status,
while also making it obvious that if you want to build and publish
packages for Ubuntu or Linux Mint or some other Debian derivative,
this is also the right feature for those?

    smcv