Re: How to commit a new architecture like RISC-V

On Fri, May 21, 2021 at 09:07:10AM +0800, zhangjialing wrote:
> 在 2021/5/20 下午5:42, Helmut Grohne 写道:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 02:52:32PM +0800, zhangjialing wrote:
> > > the upstream is not support now , the patch is in our local repository.
> > I fear that this is a very bad basis to bootstrap Debian from. I
> > strongly recommend deferring a Debian port and upstreaming first.
>
> Hi,
>
> I have known upstreaming first , I will make a plan for this debian port.

OK

> Please, when we upstreaming our patch , Is there a version limit for the
> soft like gcc ,glibc

New features  (new architectures)  are added to latest version.
Talk and keep talking with upstream project members, become upstream
project member. In general talk and keep talking with project members,
become a project member. Express that you are stakeholder, express that
that you are aware of the mutual benefit of having another instruction
set architecture added.

So yes, there is a limit for the software version of gcc and glibc.
It most be recent.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--