Re: Thanks and Decision making working group (was Re: General Resolution: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board result)

On 2021-04-20 10:59, Adrian Bunk wrote:
I would suggest to replace the option of shortening the discussion
period with the possibility of early calling for a vote after a week
that can be vetoed by any developer within 24 hours. This would ensure
that shorter discussion periods would only happen when there is
consensus that nothing is left to be discussed.

But K developers could have stopped this, right? (Per 4.2.2.3.) Now the constitution feels quite heavyweight on that ("sponsoring a resolution"), but I'd be surprised if the DPL would not have taken back the decision in that case (4.2.2.5).

A single person being able to block consensus of basically everyone else feels like opening up the process to unconstructive behavior.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern