Re: Tone policing by a member of the community team [Was, Re: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board]

On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 10:38:54PM +0200, Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
> > But the definition is not the point; the effect is the same: asking
> > "both sides" to "de-escalate" when one party has been subjected to an
> > existential attack by the other, prioritizes "civility" over equity.
>
> I understand your point which has been made to me a big number of times.
> This is a complexe ball of wool.
>
> To me, asking people to not go into fist fights when someone is telling
> shit is not prioritizing civility over equity, but rather trying to
> resort to appropriate methods we, as a civilization, defined as
> appropriate to handle uncivilized people without giving up to their
> crappy methods.

but we are online here, there won't be any fist fight on lists.debian.org,
thankfullly. never ever. so policing the tone *here* is indeed taking sides
and I'm gonna agree with Martina here: fuck that shit.

(not saying that there shouldn't be calls for civility nor civility nor tone
policing nor that online life can't have an impact on real life up to death.
I'm *not* saying that.)

Please note https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradox_of_tolerance and be aware
that the signature below was not choosen by code but typed using my brain.
(I also don't mean it literally in most cases though I've enjoyed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inglourious_Basterds a lot.)

So, yes, please be civil on Debian lists, or fuck off.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁       holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ PGP fingerprint: B8BF 5413 7B09 D35C F026 FE9D 091A B856 069A AA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

Nazi scum must die.