Re: Statement regarding Richard Stallman's readmission to the FSF board

Hi,

Please descalate, it is an emergency. The RMS debate is very difficult for many people I guess, painful or, at least, energy consumer. It often results to ghoughts about the compliance of some mails with the code of conduct. But those 2 mails are clearly not acceptable from the formal point of view. You cannot let yourself dominate by your badest feelings, injuring each other etc. I am sure that is completely out of the code of conduct. Be respectful, avoiding to say words such as "shit" "fuck" "fascist", and please try staying moderated. Debian will be a welcoming community if anyone can express his opinons politely and others reply politely, with respect, even if he disagrees. So really, descalte! If the thread is so abrasive, just don't reply, ignore, I am sure it will not change your daily life in your team or in the project. Or wait some hours before doing it. But again, such wordings are unacceptable, regardless the topic itself and the ideas. Keep in mind you speak publicly and your mails stay in archives forever.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
Debian Developer non uploading
Community team member
Accessibility team member
debian-l10n-french team member
President of Debian France non-profit organization