Re: freeipa is in trouble for the next release (again)

Hi Harald,

Quoting Harald Dunkel (2021-03-24 16:02:17)
> On 3/24/21 2:49 PM, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 12:33:53PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> >> So what would be your suggestion?
> > If you are still asking about getting this package into bullseye
> > then I'm afraid it's not possible. Otherwise, as already suggested,
> > it's possible to have it in bullseye-backports after fixing problems
> > keeping it outside testing.
> >

> Thats not the point.
>
> The point is, how can we make sure that freeipa-client stays in Testing
> for Bookworm, even if there is a fatal problem with freeipa-server?

Please file a bugreport against freeipa, suggesting to split into two
source packages, one for server and one for client.

Maybe the maintainers will agree that it is a sensible move, but maybe
they will disagree that other concerns (e.g. simplicity of maintenance)
overweighs the risk of the package not stabilizing.

It really isn't sensible to discuss this among all Debian developers:
It's very much tied to the maintenance of that specific package.

Kind regards, and thanks for caring about Debian,

 - Jonas