freeipa is in trouble for the next release (again)

Hi folks,

I understand that freeipa-server has a very serious problem (#970880),
making it unfit for Bullseye. It is *highly* painful that it puts
freeipa-client at risk for the next release, too. We had something
similar for Buster about 2 years ago, AFAIR.

For my own part, I run freeipa-server on CentOS 7. I am not affected
by #970880. I would be very happy with freeipa-client in Bullseye, even
if freeipa-server doesn't make it.

Do you think it would be possible to cut a clear line between freeipa-
client and -server?

Regards
Harri
--