Re: freeipa is in trouble for the next release (again)

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 04:02:17PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> > If you are still asking about getting this package into bullseye then I'm
> > afraid it's not possible. Otherwise, as already suggested, it's possible
> > to have it in bullseye-backports after fixing problems keeping it outside
> > testing.
> >

> Thats not the point.
You should have expressed it more clearly then.

> The point is, how can we make sure that freeipa-client stays in Testing
> for Bookworm, even if there is a fatal problem with freeipa-server?
Make it a separate source package, if it's possible to do a clean split.
Make sure the server package neither build-depends nor depends on the
client one.
The only sane way to do this is at the upstream side though.

--
WBR, wRAR