Re: New service: https://debuginfod.debian.net

On Sun, Feb 28, 2021 at 07:22:07AM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Sat, 2021-02-27 at 17:30 -0500, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> > I don't know if I understand the pushback I'm seeing
> > against using a debconf question for this.
>
> FWIW I don't think I've read any actual pushback on that in this thread
> although I can see how it might appear that way to another reader. I
> took it as people offering possible alternatives or future extensions
> -- certainly that was my intention once the intent to have a debconf
> question was clear (which I tried to clarify but perhaps failed at).
> When I said earlier "So long as it is opt-in at the gross level" I was
> referring to the debconf being sufficient.

Well spoken.
It matches my point of view and my opinion.

> I think (and I have inferred that you think) the need for discussion of
> alternatives or future improvements isn't especially productive at the
> current time so I won't prolong that aspect of the thread by replying
> to the rest of your mail

Matches the principle of "Those who do decide".
It is the attitude that did bring us, Debian, so far.

That it also did made us leaving network silence
and other "good things", is something we have to deal with.
Methods, ideas and opinions on the "how", please in a fresh thread.

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Silence is hard to parse