Re: Making Debian available

On Jan 15, Emanuele Rocca <ema@linux.it> wrote:

> So the current situation is that we make an active effort to produce two
> different types of installation media: one that works for all users, and
> one broken for most laptops. Some sort of FOSS version of an
> anti-feature. Then we publish the broken version on the front page, and
> hide very carefully the version that works.
>
> This absurdly damages our users without improving the state of Free
> Software in any way, while Ubuntu puts the firmware back into the images
> and can rightly claim to be easier to install.
Since I already wrote about all this in 2004 and before, I am not going
to repeat myself in this thread: http://blog.bofh.it/id_33 .

It was as much obvious then and it still is now. Hopefully at this time
there will be less DFSG-revisionists around so that we can reach
a different outcome.

(And again, "editorial changes" weren't.)

--
ciao,
Marco