Re: Release status of i386 for Bullseye and long term support for 3 years?

Stephan wrote:
>Am Sa, Dez 12, 2020 at 18:09:02 +0200 schrieb Adrian Bunk:
>>4. People who wrongly installed i386 on amd64-capable hardware.
>
>Well, some releases ago befor multi-arch I used to install i386 even on
>am64-capable hardware if ram was quite low (=< 8GB) and if the chance
>wasnâ??t that low that you needed to install ia32-codec to watch ancient
>video formats.
>
>I wouldnâ??t do it anymore but at least one system is still in use, and
>there isnâ??t a real supported way to upgrade from i386 to amd64.

It's still quite new, but we have a package in the archive for this now:

  https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/debian-crossgrader

It's targeted at systems exactly like yours, tbh. Maybe give it a try?

"You can't barbecue lettuce!" -- Ellie Crane