Re: lintian groff-message warning "can't set the locale"

On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 07:57:58AM -0700, Felix Lechner wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 26, 2020 at 5:11 AM Nick Black <dankamongmen@gmail.com> wrote:
> > C.UTF-8 sounds like the right way to go.
>
> As noted in the issue tracker [1], Lintian already sets LC_ALL to
> C.UTF-8 [2] in a sanitized environment, but we do not currently set
> LANG.

LC_ALL should imply LANG, and as far as I know that works fine in man
(which is the program producing the warning message in this case), so
this should make no difference.  If somebody can come up with a reduced
test environment in which man does not seem to interpret LC_ALL as
implying LANG, I'd consider that a bug.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]