Re: Lenovo discount portal update (and a few other things)

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 03:18:21PM -0400, Mark Pearson wrote:
> On 9/2/2020 9:18 PM, Paul Wise wrote:
> > Many of the Debian membership benefits (link above) also apply to
> > Debian Maintainers (folks who are not members but can do unsupervised
> > uploads of particular packages) and Debian contributors in general,
> > has Lenovo considered including one or both of these groups in the
> > discount program?
>
> If there is a group missing that it makes sense to add we can look at that -
> let me know. Using the debian.org email as a filter seemed like a neat and
> simple solution when I discussed it with Jonathan originally.
> I'd rather avoid having to manage lists of individual email addresses.
> That's a real pain and IMO will only break in the long term.
> Open to other suggestions if what we have implemented doesn't work but it
> has to be balanced with the amount of effort involved.

Oooh, as one of the 246 Debian Maintainers without a debian.org address,
I would obviously appreciate it if we could be included in the offer.
Some of the MemberBenefits offers accept a GPG-signed email to a special
address, which can be checked against keyring.debian.org.

On the other hand, I believe that would exclude Contributors such as
translators, perhaps the FrontDesk team would have an idea of how a
third-party could verify project status by email validity?

https://nm.debian.org/public/stats/
https://nm.debian.org/public/findperson/?status=dm (uses /api/people/)
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/FrontDesk