Re: isc-dhcp-client sends DHCPDISCOVER *before* wpa_supplicant authenticates/associates/connects.

Quoting Andrey Rahmatullin (2020-07-12 09:34:32)
> > > That Depends is not a problem.
> >
> > Yes a problem, but not a unsurmountable one: You can...
> >
> >  a) pollute your Debian system using equivs, or
> >
> >  b) install the dependency but then disable the daemon
> You still need manual action to use iwd, so disabling wpa-supplicant is
> just another command.

Yes, iwd requires configuration.  We should _minimize_ the need for
configuration: iwd needing configuration of NetworkManager is no reason
to _depend_ on wpa-supplicant.

Network-Manager needing wpa-supplicant in _most_ situations is a reason
to _recommend_ it not a reason to _depend_ on it, per Debian Policy!

Current minimal fresh installation with network-manager and iwd:

1) apt install network-manager iwd
2) Configure Network-Manager to use iwd
3) Stop wpa-supplicant
4) Disable wpa-supplicant
5) Restart iwd
6) Restart network-manager

This would be simpler if network-manager followed Debian Policy in
acknowledging that wpa-supplicant is not *ALWAYS* needed, by
recommending not depending on it:

1) apt install network-manager iwd wpa-supplicant-
2) Configure Network-Manager to use iwd
3) Restart network-manager

It could be even simpler by providing a package with a config snippet
for network-manager.

It *cannot* be much simpler with a helper pacakge while network-manager
depends on wpa-supplicant, because such helper package would then need
to Provide: wpa-supplicant which is not Policy compliant, and such
package could therefore not be part of Debian.

Using equivs could not be part of Debian.

 - Jonas