Re: isc-dhcp-client sends DHCPDISCOVER *before* wpa_supplicant authenticates/associates/connects.

On Jun 28, Jaime <enopatch@gmail.com> wrote:

> Given that this is guaranteed to fail, isn't it worth "not doing"? Is
> there anyway that I can get dhclient to wait for a successful
> connection *before* sending out any DHCPDISCOVERs? (In the wired
> world, it doesn't make sense to issue a DHCPDISCOVER before plugging
> the cable in.)
This is not a complete solution, but if you switch from wpa_supplicant
to iwd then probably the connection will be setup fast enough to allow
the DHCP client to send the packet.

(Way more people should switch from wpa_supplicant to iwd.)

--
ciao,
Marco