Re: [qubes-devel] Re: DNF for Debian

On Sun, May 03, 2020 at 12:03:40PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi Mihai,
>
> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 05:36:55PM +0200, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> > I've packaged DNF
>
> cool!
>
> > for Debian and would like to find someone to take over these
> > packages and maintain them as part of the distribution.
> >
> > I'm not a DD and while I believe the packages to be of reasonable if not high
> > quality, I already have enough on my plate and know that I will not be able to
> > properly maintain them, keep up with upstream releases etc.
> > Point in case: while I did the original packaging more than a year, I only
> > updated this set of packages recently when they actually broke with newer Fedora
> > releases (i.e., they were too old to create newer Fedora changeroots when used
> > by mock).
>
> hm, I'd be willing to sponsor and mentor those uploads, but I cannot commit
> to maintaining them as well. Is there anybody out there who would?
>
> > == What is DNF? ==
> [...]
> > == Why does Debian need DNF? ==
> [...]
> > == Prerequisites ==
> [...]
> > == Package List ==
> [...]
> > == Repository ==
> [...]
>
> all very very nice! It would be a pity to have this rot, but then, without
> maintenance it will anyway eventually...
>

> --
> cheers,
> 	Holger

Hi Holger

I'd be happy to take on maintenance of this package, and may be anything
else that's Qubes required but seems to be lapsing in Debian.
I'll do the necessary in the morning.

Also, I wonder if there would be value in getting Qubes packages in to
Debian, so they can be installed straight in to HVM - I seem to recall
this was raised some time back, but dont recall outcome. Waste of time?

cheers

unman