Re: DNF for Debian

Hi Mihai,

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019 at 05:36:55PM +0200, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> I've packaged DNF

cool!

> for Debian and would like to find someone to take over these
> packages and maintain them as part of the distribution.
>
> I'm not a DD and while I believe the packages to be of reasonable if not high
> quality, I already have enough on my plate and know that I will not be able to
> properly maintain them, keep up with upstream releases etc.
> Point in case: while I did the original packaging more than a year, I only
> updated this set of packages recently when they actually broke with newer Fedora
> releases (i.e., they were too old to create newer Fedora changeroots when used
> by mock).

hm, I'd be willing to sponsor and mentor those uploads, but I cannot commit
to maintaining them as well. Is there anybody out there who would?

> == What is DNF? ==
[...]
> == Why does Debian need DNF? ==
[...]
> == Prerequisites ==
[...]
> == Package List ==
[...]
> == Repository ==
[...]

all very very nice! It would be a pity to have this rot, but then, without
maintenance it will anyway eventually...

--
cheers,
	Holger