Re: Is an init required to obey policy-rc.d during boot ?

Am 23.04.20 um 00:43 schrieb Thomas Goirand:
> On 4/22/20 4:11 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:

>> And a native interface for a sysadmin overriding that (masking).
>
> Unless I'm mistaking, that's not useful if you want to disable starting
> the daemon before installing it (ie: before the .service exists in the
> system).

Your assumption is wrong. You can mask a service before installing a package
- systemctl mask foo.service (will issue a warning that foo.service
doesn't exist but will proceed)
- apt install foo (shipping a foo.service)
→ foo.service will not be started