Re: Is an init required to obey policy-rc.d during boot ?

Hello,

FWIW I do not share Andrej Shaduras view on this. My interpretation is
basically the opposite. The invoke-rc.d, policy-rc.d and
update-rc.d policy mandated abstraction is solely for the use
of maintainer scripts in debian packages (and should not be used
by init systems or elsewhere).

Note also that the 'service' utility abstraction, which is supposed to
be for (interactive) administator usage also does not care about
policy-rc.d (as designed).

Regards,
Andreas Henriksson