Re: Is there any way to refuse Janitor changes in team git?

Hi Jelmer,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 06:35:13PM +0000, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 07:05:28PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > from time to time purely random packages (recently ctdconverter) recive
> > changes by janitor in Git.  I consider this totally useless in the case
> > of Debian Med team maintained packages.  We are usually calling
> > routine-update before uploading which also calls the same scripts like
> > Janitor.  Its just an extra effort to check merge requests.  Real merge
> > requests might get lost in automatic janitor changes.  So I would love
> > to stop those janitor changes in our team repository since these are not
> > really helpful.
>
> Sorry about that - they're meant to be helpful, rather than a source
> of annoyance.

To be clear about this:  The command line tools used by the janitor are
considered extremely helpful.  Lintian-brush became a fixed part of our
workflow.  But since we do it anyway automatically any extra merging or
checking for merge requests is just an extra step we would love to avoid.

Please also add r-pkg-team@alioth-lists.debian.net to the opt-out list.

> The FAQ that Otto quoted has details on how to opt out (and other
> questions) and is linked from merge proposals, but the link is
> admittedly a somewhat hidden at the moment (under the anchor
> text "The Debian Janitor") - I'll change it to be called out more
> explicitly.

In case it was not clear by my mail:  Your QA work is highly appreciated
in general - its just the integration into our workflow which is not
optimal.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--