Re: Is there any way to refuse Janitor changes in team git?

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 07:05:28PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> from time to time purely random packages (recently ctdconverter) recive
> changes by janitor in Git.  I consider this totally useless in the case
> of Debian Med team maintained packages.  We are usually calling
> routine-update before uploading which also calls the same scripts like
> Janitor.  Its just an extra effort to check merge requests.  Real merge
> requests might get lost in automatic janitor changes.  So I would love
> to stop those janitor changes in our team repository since these are not
> really helpful.

Sorry about that - they're meant to be helpful, rather than a source
of annoyance.

I've added the debian-med-packaging alioth list maintainer address
(as used by ctdconverter) to the opt-out list, which means that no new
merge proposals will be created. Please follow up privately if you'd
like me to add more addresses.

The FAQ that Otto quoted has details on how to opt out (and other
questions) and is linked from merge proposals, but the link is
admittedly a somewhat hidden at the moment (under the anchor
text "The Debian Janitor") - I'll change it to be called out more
explicitly.

Cheers,

Jelmer

--