Re: bootstrap.min.js in pydoctor

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 3:52 AM Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> wrote:

> Quoting Jonathan Carter (2020-03-05 10:44:50)
> > On 2020/03/05 00:47, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I agree for the _binary_ packages but not for the _source_ package.
>
> The changelog entry which Anthony referenced¹ says this:
>
> > * Add missing embedded epydoc and Bootstrap copyright info as well as
> >   non-minified source for bootstrap.min.css (Bootstrap v3.3.4) for
> >   DFSG compliance.
> [...]
> > * Symlink to bootstrap.min.css from libjs-bootstrap instead of
> >   shipping pydoctor included bootstrap.min.css v3.3.4 from 2015
>
> As I understand the above, what was corrected for DFSG compliance was a
> verification that the code included with the _source_ package was a
> minification of css released by the Bootstrap3 project.
>
> I think that is a misunderstanding: Commonly this is indeed one way to
> ensure DFSG compliance, but in this case - as Sam pointed out - it is
> not enough.
>
> Source package must include the _source_ for the minified css, which in
> this case is _not_ non-minified css but less code.

Good point!  After reading your message, I went ahead and included the
less source code from Bootstrap 3.3.4 and made a new upload of
pydoctor, see:

* https://salsa.debian.org/python-team/applications/pydoctor/-/commit/f1c8209623b3b18e1d2019abcd2b1be1b04ab5d9
* https://tracker.debian.org/news/1107020/accepted-pydoctor-19110git2020030347424e7-1-source-into-unstable/

Cheers,