Re: not starting a daemon upon installation

On Sat, 7 Mar 2020 21:30:33 +0100, Tomas Pospisek <tpo2@sourcepole.ch>
>When I duckduckgo "dpkg do not start service on install" first hit is
>[1] which contains /absurdly involved/ suggestions to achieve "not
>starting a daemon upon installation".
>
>[1]
>https://askubuntu.com/questions/74061/install-packages-without-starting-background-processes-and-services#

This is indeed bordering between incredibly funny and disturbing.
Alas, it's a golden example for the quality of answers one gets in the
Ubuntu universe.

Mannheim, Germany  |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |