Re: Salsa "Emails on push" send only mails for tags

On 2/24/20 4:40 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 24, 2020 at 04:07:37PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
>> On 2/24/20 4:04 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:
>>> This worked since we moved to Salsa but since some weeks only
>>> "Tag push" is triggering any mails.  Did I missed something
>>> that the behavious on push events had changed or is this a bug
>>> on Salsa which I should report?
>>
>> You need to reconfigure the service. I used the REST API to set the
>> configuration again after which the emails for commits worked again.
>
> Would you mind sharing the code you used?

https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/scripts/blob/master/salsa-configure-repositories.pl

Edit line 506 to:

 if(!$data->{active} || 1) {

Hack out any features you don't want to configure, the script defaults
to configure everything as expected for repos of the Debian GIS team. So
set the group, email, and IRC channel accordingly:

 ./salsa-configure-repositories.pl \
   -n 0 \
   -G <group> \
   -e <email> \
   -i <irc-channel>

> Is that rest of configuration needed for every single repository or
> per team?

Yes, every repo needs to be configured.

Kind Regards,

Bas