Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

Hi!

El jue., 6 feb. 2020 20:39, Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> escribió:
[snip]

I went back this far in the thread to try to get back before it went off the rails (IMO).

I get that the results of this discussion aren't going to be my preference.  Ok.  Win some, lose some.  I think it's a bad decision for Debian, but it's not my call.  Let's move on.

While I do not have a specific opinion on the correct default, knowing I can easily switch it is already a great thing.

I have one specific request relative to this change that should be pretty easy:

Please include in the bullseye release notes a description of this change and tell users how to restore the buster logging configuration if they prefer it.

I do totally agree here.

Also, thanks Michael for bringing this over. Whatever the result is the fact that you put this on the table is definitely the way to go.

Cheers, Lisandro.