Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

Dmitry Smirnov <onlyjob@debian.org> writes:

> There are log readers like "lnav" and "multitail" that will become
> useless without traditional log files. "lnav" tails multiple logs by
> default and IMHO provides a very useful interface.

> Exclusively relying on systemd logging facilities limits ways in which
> we can analyse logs.

apt-get install rsyslog

Debian, of all projects, should be more relaxed about defaults, given that
we're the OS of choice for people who like to customize things.  I've been
using Debian for some 20 years and don't believe I have *ever* accepted
all of the defaults or left a system in a purely default mode for longer
than about five minutes.

No one is going to prevent you from using rsyslog everywhere that you want
to use rsyslog.